
This Universal truck is a beauty. Looks like an old Bennett Pro. I suppose they all did back then though. I've seen others in this style. Lasers. I wonder were they all Bennett copies? This is from a 70's Cal-240 plastic skateboard.

I broke the baseplate to this truck's mate a few years ago messing around in the driveway. Bummer.



Thought I might drill out the board so I could put new trucks on.
While considering what truck would be narrow enough to fit, I stumbled upon the idea of putting the Universal hangers on a different baseplate.


Not a perfect fit...Perhaps the kingpin is not quite the right angle or maybe there should be more distance between the pivot cup and the kingpin.
That being said the trucks work really well.
Had a transitional moment during testing with an Indy 169 in the rear.
The super carving front and stable platform rear felt pretty good. Worth revisiting.
Also, I really kind of liked the rocket ship vibe.
Left the bushings stock. OJ's and Bones reds. All I need is some fresh hardware, and eventually a more appropriate base, but as is it is one of the most fun things ever.




2 comments:
Man those are awesome. Do those wheels rub at all on the bushing seat when you turn?
Not a problem, though I can see a few faint lines on the wheel. It's pretty wild feeling. Very fast. Faster than a stereo vinyl cruiser I have setup stock with reds upgrade. Odd. Maybe just be the extra mass and rigidity of the cal-240 deck. Maybe a better wheel? Perhaps the very narrow trucks.
Post a Comment